Monday, December 8, 2008

I Reckon I Forgot To Tell You This Part

The initial word on chemo treatments for me was that there would be 6-8 total treatments based on reaction to treatments, etc. The schedule is set up for 2 treatments out from now (i.e. I know when my 3rd and 4th treatments are), but the treatments after the 4th are not scheduled yet. After the 3rd treatment, and before the 4th, there will be another CT scan to see what the heck is going on in there (as far as Alien size, liver and spleen activity, etc.). I have an appt. with the Nurse Practitioner on the 18th for "checking in" and blood work activity.

Today is the next to last day of steroids after chemo, so I'm feeling OK. Probably will be a little sluggish towards the end of this week, but I know what's coming, so that's OK. Knock on my noggin, but I have not had any neck pain at night. I haven't taken any over the counter pain medications in several days. Even though I have been credited with a great attitude, etc., there have been times when anxiety has caused some symptoms (i.e. the neck pain). Amazing what a good pillow and asking the doctor questions will alleviate!

This is cool: If you go to "Google" and type in "Greg's Alien," I have the two top responses.

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Let me know if your spleen is doing anything. I never knew exactly what that thing was for anyway....

Have you rigged your Tiny Tim costume for your Christmas Eve appearance? Maybe you should pull some strings at Dogwood Dell and really do it right!