Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Enough To Make You Feel Sick...

Turned on one of the morning "news" shows today. If I didn't have a headache when I woke up, I would have quickly developed one.

"WEATHER ADVISORIES IN 37 STATES!!!!" - So does that mean the other 13 aren't having any weather? I know that bad weather affects travel, etc., but I will tell you there are more kids PLEASED with the weather than adults who aren't.

"FED CUTS INTEREST RATE!!!!!!!!" - one finely coiffed "expert" initially said there was nothing else the Fed could do and then later on, listed some other things that could be done by the Fed.

Since I have been sick, I bet I have watched a total of less than 60 minutes of "news." Every news story is delivered with a sense of impending doom and frankly (to quote the great philosopher, Popeye), I'se had all I can stand, til I can't stands no more!"

"It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"
It's the most wonderful time of the year
It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap- happiest season of all"

Note about tomorrow's post...I have a check up at 9AM and will post after that so I can give you some up to date medical info.

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! The media is totally unreliable anyway. Check out this incredible expose. http://www.theonion.com/content/video/media_watchdog_accuses_weather