Monday, December 15, 2008

The Secret Is Out

"Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things" - Robert A Heinlein (American Science Fiction Writer, 1907 - 1988)

One of my caregivers was doing an interview with me a few weeks ago and asked, "How do you deal with stressful or challenging situations?"

I replied, "I'm too lazy to deal with them. If it's something I have to deal with, I will. Otherwise, I move onto something else that I think I would enjoy."

I used to have a habit of finding and focusing on at least one good thing about the day when I would wake up. I have gotten away from it. Sometimes, waking up is enough. Yesterday, it was going to church and hearing amazing music in the regular morning service and then attending a concert at church (which included Vivaldi's "Gloria") later in the evening. WOW!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Speaking of wonderful christmas music, I listened this weekend to the two christmas cds you gave me last year. Sending good thoughts your way.
Kathleen

Eric Davis said...

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. - Buddha ...

skippy said...

The secret of health for both mind and body is extra spicy chicken wings, beer, televised sports, and a semi surly soccer playing waitress.