Monday, December 22, 2008

I Messed Up

A door to door solicitor came to my door last Thursday about 2:15PM. I had awakened from a nap in my bed about 20 minutes earlier and was laying there working on convincing myself to go downstairs. I heard a knock on the front door and went downstairs feeling (and looking) very grumpy. The person standing there represented an investment firm, that according to a friend of mine, is known for door to door soliciting.

I told him I wasn't interested, didn't have time and then.....made reference to my medical condition and shut the door. As soon as I shut the door, I wished I hadn't included the last sentence in my "blessing." Funny side note, the first time I ever heard the term "blessed out" was when I moved south of the Potomac River. When I asked for it's definition, I was informed that it was the southern version of "cussed out," but with more charm.

A friend of mine told my my reaction was probably one of my "anger and resentment" moments over my medical condition. May have been, but it still wasn't right for me to do that.

Confession is good for the soul.

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! Door to door investment services? Shouldn't he be selling a freezer full of meat?

Don't be too hard on yourself. I don't think anyone should be responsible for what they say to a solicitor just after waking up from a nap.

JPNtheHUN said...

I too absolve you! It's hard to deal with anyone at the door. And I have to give a nod to Skippy--and admit that I *bought* door to door meat. It still gives my friends something to taunt me about--and they do. I am never good at saying no to the door to door folks--one of the reasons I hate to answer the door. So pat your self on the back for saying no, and let go of beating yourself up (and when you get that down, teach me?)

Watched the 2006 NCAA championship last night (yeah, I know--get a life). Seems to be the time of year for it, both Julie and Barb confessed to doing the same. Want to borrow it?