Thursday, December 18, 2008

Clinical Break

Met with the Nurse Practitioner today. She said things look great. I am anemic and will be until the treatments are done, but that is normal.
Main blood numbers and platelet counts are good (platelet count is back in the normal range for now).
When they weighed me today, I was concerned and they said it's OK. I have lost 65 lbs. since I met with the oncologist after I left the hospital. Heck of a weight loss program (a lot of it was fluids and the alien, but a lot of the other gobs of fatty matter that were there before are also gone).
They are encouraging me to start walking and doing some weight lifting, which I will start this afternoon.
Appetite is good, except that I can't eat large quantities of food at any one time (went through that experiment last Friday and it requires lots of reading material afterwards). They recommend that I "graze," eating smaller portions throughout the day.
Going to take a nap and then go for a walk later on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy napping and grazing! I think I'd like to do that, too... only without the whole "alien" root cause. Seriously, glad to see the good report. And it looks like you'll need a whole new wardrobe along with the hats!
Thinking of you, Greg!
- Judy O

Laura F. said...

Hi Greg, You don't know me but I'm Tony F's wife. I spent the better part of tonight reading all of your blog entries. My dad was diagnosed with the same type of lymphoma, in the same area (the abdomen) at the same time as you. Go figure. You're treatment schedule is very similar to his. Thanks for sharing your journey with me. I'll be thinking (and praying) for you as you continue your treatments. Your laughter is a pretty powerful weapon. Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

skippy said...

Good numbers. Hooray for your bone marrow!