Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Was Proud of Myself Until....

Yesterday was the dreaded "first day after steroids" and I was ready for the fade to happen that normally happens in the early afternoon. Nothing happened, so I kept going. Then...about 6:30 PM, it caught up to me. Nothing awful, just the general listlessness, etc. as before. Needless to say, last night was not the most restful night of sleep. However, I don't have any of the other dreaded side effects in conjunction with this, so it's all good.

On another note: I had an epiphany about complaining yesterday. I have done my fair share of that in the past and even recently. I realized that for every minute spent complaining to someone I like, it takes away time from enjoying their company. Complaining is a character flaw I'm going to work on.

“One act of beneficence, one act of real usefulness, is worth all the abstract sentiment in the world.” In other words, “No one wants to hear what you believe. We’re watching. Show us.” - Ann Radcliffe (Source: Monday Morning Memo© of Roy H. Williams, the Wizard of Ads®)

1 comment:

Eric Davis said...

Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity. - Buddha...