Saturday, December 13, 2008

Places I Like....

Seneca Rocks, WV

From ground level to the very top of the rocks is about 1,000 feet.

When I was in college, one of my Phys Ed electives was a rock climbing class. Our "final exam" was a caving and climbing weekend in Franklin WV and then we spent Saturday and Sunday at Seneca Rocks.

There is a nice hiking trail up the front of the rocks and the view from the top is pretty amazing. I've always wanted to sit at the top at the rocks when there is snow on the ground. It's a pretty inspiring place to visit.

3 comments:

skippy said...

First! See there are good things about WVa!

Heels v. Terps for a national title today!!! The way it should be.

RERC said...

I think Watoga State Park is nice, too. And Beartown. The New River Gorge rocks also.

Nichole said...

Said the native West Virginian... yes indeed there are a lot of good things about WV - Seneca Rocks is only one of them! Greg - I've never been to the top myself (only viewed from afar). So when you're ready to make a trip(even when it's snowing) I'd be glad to accompany you!