Friday, April 17, 2009

The Bo and Mr. Jerry Show

From Bo's mother's Caring Bridge journal entries, comes the following: "Bo just made up a little chemo countdown song while he was brushing his teeth tonight. It was so cute! Sing along if you'd like: "8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 and then my port comes out and the cancer will all be goooone, the cancer will all be gooooone." He was also doing a little booty shaking dance with it. It's a must see! Chemo is a short one tomorrow. We should only be there for a couple of hours at most. Remember our new friend "Mr. Jerry" in your prayers this week. Friday is scan day for him! We are looking forward to rejoicing over good news with them!"

Yesterday was Day 3 of no "4P" medication. I was so tickled, I mowed the yard last night and finally put in the trash the last of the pine branches that fell back in early March during the snow storm. While doing that I was listening to a Mary Chapin Carpenter album. The following lyrics seemed appropriate for today's Bo and Mr. Jerry Show.

"Well I strolled down to the corner, gave my numbers to the clerk
The pot's eleven million so I called in sick to work
I bought a pack of Camels, a burrito and a Barq's
Crossed against the light, made a beeline for the park
The sky began to thunder, wind began to moan
I heard a voice above me saying, "girl, you better get back home"
But I feel lucky, oh oh oh, I feel lucky, yeah
No tropical depression gonna steal my sun away
Mmmmm, I feel lucky today"

No comments: