Thursday, April 23, 2009

Then, I Remembered......

...Uncle Ray, who died last September from his long bout with cancer. At the funeral, I asked my cousins, "Did your Dad ever have a bad day? I always remember him smiling." They said that except for his last days, he was always pretty upbeat.

I thought about him yesterday, as I thought about myself, and realized I owed it to him to hold my head up. His cancer was a lot more difficult than mine is as he had to deal with physical pain in addition to the "weight of waiting." He was a "Go Good Guy."

Get to meet the MCV folks today. I'll have that story for you tomorrow.

Superhero Bo has gone back to school and is loving it. Apparently the chicks are digging his new hair style. God only made so many perfect heads. He put hair on the rest.

Hunter is starting to lose his hair and is scheduled for a scan on Monday. From reading my blog, you know what is going through the mind of his parents right now.

Keep those mental cards and letters going for those two little guys .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the "meet and greet" today. And remember, it is not a requirement that you be upbeat ALL the time. Even people not having poison injected into their bodies and losing their hair also have off days. So if you like &^%$#*&%#@#$&**! go right ahead. You've earned it.
Lisa