Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm A Big Boy Now...

....even though my Nurse Practitioner is threatening to "bust my chops" a little bit when I see her on Wednesday to get my hospital admission papers. I'll fill you in on the details later, but I'll play her game. After all, she's a Hokie fan. It's not like I need to be scared of her or anything.

Yesterday, I did complete some "adult" forms (i.e. Advanced Directive and stuff like that). Every time I go to the hospital, they ask if I have one. Was feeling like a slacker because I didn't. Once I completed it, I was glad I had. Not that there are any dire circumstances facing me, it's something that is wise for anyone to have on hand.

Oh, just to have fun, one of the two teams playing tonight for the Men's NCAA Basketball Championship will lose to the other one. However, Maryland beat both of them in the regular season.

Bo has some scans coming up tomorrow to see how he is progressing. There is anxiety while they wait. I'm sending the following words to them that I found on the website of Virginia Cancer Institute (where I am being treated). Pass it on to anyone you know who may benefit.

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited…
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot eat away peace,
It cannot destroy confidence,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot shut out memories,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot reduce eternal life,
It cannot quench the spirit,
It cannot lessen the power of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just some "residual" cancer to clean up... a piece of cake! And hallucinations may be fun... giant green peeps, maybe.
Lisa

skippy said...

I'm still on my remedial directives...