Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Muss (well, a little), No Fuss

Was released from the hospital at 3PM yesterday. Overall, not too bad of an experience. All of the staff was very pleasant and kind. The night nurse didn't even turn on the lights in the room when she came in to check on me at 12:30AM. Then she apologized that she woke me up when I stirred and said "hello" to her. Told her I would see her at 4AM for the "blood letting." She said, "Oh no, I let my patients sleep a little later. I'll be back at 5." She didn't come back until 5:20 and I was already awake anyway. The best part about the blood letting is that they access my port for that, so there is no foul rubber smelling tourniquet accompanied by a needle in your arm. Modern medicine be praised!

Side effects not too bad. Had some mild nausea incidents from about 5AM through noon, but took the drug they gave me that is intended to treat nausea and it worked. Today, feeling pretty good. Going to run a couple of errands, but nothing too over taxing.

The doctor did say to avoid large crowds and if I wanted to go to Easter Sunday service, that I could go as long as I went to an early one where there wouldn't be a lot of people. I didn't ask what the restrictions were on Peeps or jellybeans. Guess I forgot.

I have a meeting with the MCV folks on April 23rd to discuss the process that will occur when I go there for the portion of the treatment they will be administering. I'm thinking that will be the most interesting discussion of this whole process.

"One thing, I have learned through these years,
Is that no man, should be stricken with fear.
It should be that he walks with no care in the world.
So my friends, who are gathered today,
Hear this clear, for I'll not further say.
That no man, shall cause me to take up arms again." - "Boy Blue"/Electric Light Orchestra

2 comments:

Pat said...

Glad to hear you are home and feeling pretty good. I think a few Peeps are just what the doctor ordered. Think of them as an anti-depressant.

JPNtheHUN said...

Thanks for sharing so much with us--am glad you are doing so well. Will probably not be online tomorrow--family obligations, you know--so have a very joyous Easter! and try not to make yourself sick on the Peeps.

Christ the Lord is risen indeed!

Jennifer