Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Certain of Uncertainity

Here's some updates Bo, Hunter and Jay:

Bo continues to get along well. He's not crazy about it when he goes in for treatments, but the rest of the time, I sense he lives pretty joyful and is making people smile. He gets tired pretty easy, but he doesn't let that stop him from immersing himself into fun. Apparently, he loves his new slick, bald look. What a guy!

Bo's mother, Amy is staying in touch with Hunter's mother in Manteo, NC (same age, same cancer as Bo). Hunter had chemo yesterday. Amy passes on,"Other than some nausea, he's doing well. His hair is starting to come out now. If he's anything like Bo, the hair loss will be tougher on his parents than him." I can't imagine what it's like to be a little kid and deal with it, let alone being a parent and feeling helpless sometimes. However, I know my friends Amy, Rob, Hunter's mother and father are being amazing parents right now.

From Jay, as of April 11 he is home now and he is so happy to be home. Stairs are difficult (but can be done when necessary).It will be about 2 weeks before he's fully mobile. His doctor was very pleased with how the surgery went and said that Dr Weiss can begin radiation to the thigh as and when she is ready.

And that's where it all is. You enjoy the good days, have anxiety sometimes about some pending stuff, process it and choose how you want to move on. I think the anxiety stuff is normal and is part of it. Without questioning in all things of our life, we can not allow ourselves to grow. I'm a bit anxious about the 3 week "Chemo Camp," but I know that I will get answers about that next Thursday. Anxiety doesn't mean I'm in a state of deep depression, it just means I'm thinking about it and I guess that comes with the territory. But, as I have said in the past, for every anxiety or pity party moment, there have been at least three "angel visits" afterwards. My goal is to be some of those "visits" for others.

Found this interesting: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Humor_Therapy.asp?sitearea=ETO

2 comments:

JPNtheHUN said...

In honor of your humor link:

Two friends walk in to a bar... (wait for it...) the third one ducks.

Ok, I hear the groans from here. Sorry (not really).

Jennifer

skippy said...

A priest, a rabbi, and a duck walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says "What is this? A joke?"