Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Why Not The Baldwin Sisters Recipe?



For those of you who do not know of whom I reference in today's title, I refer you to the TV show, "The Waltons."

Today starts my new recipe of chemo treatment. It's known as a RICE Treatment. The previous one was a CHOP Treatment. Sorry that I have no links for you to refer to. I looked on the internet and if it isn't linked to my clinic or the American Cancer Society, I can't recommend the information.

Anyway, it would be cool if I was getting Miss Mamie's and Miss Emily's recipe instead. It still would require a hospital stay and some of the side effects would be similar. The benefit would be that I didn't care that I felt bad.

If the previous paragraph upset you and you think I have some bad tendencies, rest assured I was only playing it for the humor (see previous posts regarding my use of humor).

With that, I'll end with lyrics from my friend Skippy's favorite rocker of all time (he says with tongue in cheek)! Skippy won't care, his Tar Heels won the National Championship in Men's Basketball. He's still on Cloud 9.

"Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand.
Peached up, Peached Ale, never fails.
Must have been a dream I don't believe where I've been.
Come on, let's do it again.
Do you...you, feel like I do?" - Peter Frampton

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Don't forget your Play-Doh!

Anonymous said...

I love the Waltons. I still watch it when I am flipping through the channels and see it on. I could use a bit of the recipe myself right about now.

I am also delighted in the Heels victory, but sad that I didn't get to see our friend Steve when I was up his way over the weekend.

Good night John-boy. Good night Greg. Know that I will be praying for you. Happy Easter. Alleluia!

- Judith

jj said...

Oy Vey! Your emails are bouncing, Mr. Popularity! I must resort to ~ gulp ~ blogging. xoxox jj
PS - hahaha - my word verification is "drach" - just close enough to "drech" if you ask me!