Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No One Has Ever Confused Me With John Travolta



Except for my fantastic dancing abilities. But enough about that.

Some folks have asked me if I will be allowed visitors during the hospital stay portion of my treatment this week and during the second one three weeks from now. They had concern that since my blood counts will be low, that I would be kept in isolation.

I will be allowed visitors and the only reason I would be kept in isolation would be to prevent me from annoying other patients. I will be in a room to myself due to my low counts, but that does not prohibit visits. However, if you are fighting a cold or virus of any kind at any level, I ask that you not visit and I will consider it your way of supporting me. Even if you think you have an allergy and are not sure, it would be best that you not stop by.

You can call the the hospital patient information number (804-330-2119) to verify if for some reason the doctors and nurses decide I can't have visitors. Currently, the plan is that I will be admitted on Thursday (April 9). I'm not sure what time I will be "checking in." I'll know that tomorrow. I am scheduled to be released by Friday evening, Saturday morning at the latest. I do not know what room number I will be in. I'll find that out when I get there. In addition, once you find out what time I am scheduled to check in, you may want to wait a couple hours after that before you try to contact me. I will have my cell phone with me if you can't get through on the hospital line. If I don't answer the cell phone, that means I am talking to someone else in my room or that I am being treated by the hospital folks. Leave a message and I will get back to you.

As far as the visitation policies when I am at MCV for the 3 week stay later on in this process, I do not know that yet. I will once I meet with them in a week or so.

"Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreamin',
I can hear them say
Carry on my wayward son,
For there'll be peace when you are done" - Kansas (for those of you who dislike 1970's rock music....tough)

3 comments:

skippy said...

First! Saw Kansas in concert at the Hampton Coliseum. It was a great venue that hosted many of the dinosaur rock bands back in the day.

Sometimes I get you and Travolta mixed up when you call me "Mr. Kah-taaarrre

Anonymous said...

I saw Kansas, Survivor and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts open for REO Speedwagon at an all-day concert at Liberty Bowl Stadium in Memphis. Can you guess what year? Who am I?

Greg said...

Anonymous....1980. Who are you? - Richard Bruce Cheney