Friday, March 27, 2009

3 Days From Now


Biopsy results appt. is scheduled for Monday at 12:45. A friend of mine is going with me to be my second set of ears. I'm looking forward to getting some answers and I know there will be things to think about and decisions to make.

I WISH all that was left is some more chemo treatments as I have done some reading about the chemo/stem cell option on my caregivers web site and it ain't no ride in the park. However, it's effective. The folks that came up with this treatment won a Nobel Prize for it.

The thing that amazes me is 25 years ago, my cancer would have possibly been considered an inoperable tumor based on it's location. Medical research and technology has advanced that far. Wow!

I've recently read the book, "The Shack." I liked it and recommend it. A pastor friend of mine has been reading it and she said, "I can understand why it might upset some people and their beliefs, but personally, I have no problem with it."
I agree with her comments. That's how I feel about medical research. You can't see without your eyes open.

By the way, I'm sure you recognize the image in the picture. I saw an exhibit of Rodin's works at The National Gallery of Art back in the early 80's. I learned that the sculpture shown in the picture is part of a larger piece of sculpture known as "The Gates of Hell." Google it. The story behind it is interesting. It is an amazing piece of sculpture. Another one I like that is similar, appears over the front doorway of The National Cathedral in DC.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I will be sending good thoughts your way on Monday. The time will fly by with all of the basketball on this weekend. GO TERPS!!!

fancygirl said...

Hey Greg. I'm Amy's sister, Aunt Karen. I also read The Shack and I have to admit, it took me about halfway through to get into it. But it definitely cleared up a LOT about how WE assign a hierarchy to the Trinity. It's changed my thinking for the better. And I do have to admit that I'm super-jealous that you're so close to the National Gallery. I love to visit the Matisse exhibits. His cut paper works are amazing. I also really enjoy the Smithsonian's Freer Gallery of Art. They have a lot of Whistler's sketches and a LOT of Asian art. So there's your art lesson for the day. :) I keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I just came across this:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Sounds like you have a bit of a thunderstorm in your forecast, but not to worry, you've become a very good dancer.
And, the sun WILL come out!
Lisa

skippy said...

When I'm stuck with a day,
That's gray
And lonely.
I just stick out my chin,
And grin,
And saaaaayyyyyyy, ohhhhhhh ...


Oh and btw, Go 'Heels!