Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello, How Are You?


Except for "Riders On The Storm," I really don't care for any other music by "The Doors."

Processing the news from Friday and I have hosted a couple of pity parties in my honor. They last for a few minutes and are not so sizable in number that they overwhelm the fun stuff I have been doing. The pity parties are part of all of it and are healthy and cleansing. Early on, my Nurse Practitioner asked me if I had experienced any of them and that she recommended it as part of the healing process. After yesterday, I regret that I have never attended the Irish Festival in Richmond during any of my 17 years here. It is certainly a "do not miss event."

Waiting to hear when my biopsy will be scheduled. Frankly, I hope that the results of it are positive so I can get the treatment under way vs. waiting another 6-8 weeks. Either way, I WILL fill the days between now and then. As my friend, and Bo's mother, Amy says, "I have to learn to wait well."

Funny story: I gave up sugar snacks for Lent (Next year, I am giving up cancer for Lent). My friend Jenny knows of my love for Peeps (she brought some snowman Peeps to the chemo room in December when she went with me for a chemo treatment). She left some on my doorstep on Saturday with a note advising me to forget Lent and enjoy the Peeps. I like her style. I was going to post a picture of them here, but I couldn't get the camera to get a good picture of her note.

"Pete, the personal rancor reflected in that remark I don't intend to dignify with comment. But I would like to address your general attitude of hopeless negativism. Consider the lilies of the field! Take at look at Delmar here as your paradigm of hope."- Ulysses Everett McGill (portrayed by George Clooney) in "O Brother, Where Art Thou"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pity parties are a part of life...even people who have nothing to feel bad about have them...so go ahead and pity...as long as you still PARTY!!

skippy said...

Can't stand the Doors. Worst band ever to be that popular.

Can't believe you threw a party and didn't invite me!!!