Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nuthin' Better.....



......than the smell of fresh ramps on Easter Sunday!

Going to send some (that I planted in my backyard a few years ago - and they did regenerate) to the National Institute of Health and see if there may be an ingredient in ramps that can be used for cancer treatment. Wouldn't that stimulate the Appalachian economy!!!!

Joey-Jim was tooling along the road one fine day when the local policeman, a friend of his, pulled him over. "What's wrong, Seamus?" Joey-Jim asked. "Well didn't ya know, Joey-Jim, that your wife fell out of the car about five miles back?" said Seamus. "Ah, praise the Almighty!" he replied with relief. "I thought I'd gone deaf!"

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! In honor of the ACC tourney starting today.

General Petraeus was walking through his camp one day, consulting with his staff, when he came upon a lamp on the ground. He picked it up, rubbed, and out came a genie.

The genie said to the General, “I will grant you one wish.”

The General replied, “easy, I wish that we will win this war. Here is a map of the Iraq and all of the warring factions. Please make us win the war.”

The genie responded, “No way General–even I’m not that powerful of a genie. I cannot grant you that wish.”

“Well,” the General responds, “then can you have NC State win just one ACC Tournament basketball game this year?”

The genie thinks for a moment, then says, “Let me see that map again.”