Friday, March 6, 2009

Curiosity and Courage



Been violating my own rules by doing internet searches on NHL. However, I have stuck to websites that are listed by my caregiver and also signed up for "Living With Lymphoma" (an e-newsletter for those of us in the "club."). There's some stuff out there to consider and I don't know answers as to what and why. However, the doctor is in for some more questions from me on March 20. They are questions I wasn't really interested in asking up front. I just wanted to get treatments started and the "alien" destroyed. I don't regret not asking the questions. I'm a "gut feeling" kind of guy and that's how I do things (although, thanks to "chemo brain," I have written more lists lately.). It will also help that my friend going with me to the March 20 appt. is a financial professional who has a healthy blend of analytical and "gut feeling" abilities.

Right now, it's a blend of "Where has the time gone?" and "Why is this taking so long?" I've never been sick for 5 months ever in my life. At least the wait will be shortened an hour this weekend.

Bo went back to school for the first time yesterday. "Go Bo...Superhero!"

No comments: