Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Quandry

What would I do if I was living in North Carolina and had to be treated at the Duke University hospital? Hmmm. I guess it would be a mission trip of sorts to convert all of those poor wayward people to a proper belief system.

"Smoothies" are in the fridge awaiting consumption tomorrow morning.

"One day to a new beginning
Raise the flag of freedom high!
Every man will be a king
Every man will be a king
There's a new world for the winning
There's a new world to be won
Do you hear the people sing?" - "One Day More" - Les Miserables

McCuen stumbled out of a saloon right into the arms of Father Logan.

"Inebriated again!" declared the priest. "Shame on you! When are you going to straighten out your life??"

"Father," asked McCuen. "What causes arthritis?"

"I'll tell you what causes it! Drinking cheap whiskey, gambling and carousing around with loose women. How long have you had arthritis?"

"I don't," slurred McCuen. "The Bishop has it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do know the dookies are Methodists, right?

I grew up in Durham and spent more time in the ER at dook than I can count. A young orthopedic resident literally saved my right arm there in the mid 70's. But more importantly, a very observant dook doctor recognize the very very early stages of ovarian cancer in my mother, and saved her life with just surgical options, no chemo or radiation required. Mom is a 35 year cancer survivor of a cancer that very few women survived back then. So considering those two points, I have to give the dook medical system much credit there for helping to make my life whole.

That said, I hope the Seminoles trounce dook today.

- Judith