Sunday, March 29, 2009

Today's First "Hymn"


Comes from the "Damn Yankees" Hymnal. It was in my head when I woke up this morning. I get a kick out of how God and I converse.

"You've gotta have....Heart!
All you really need is heart!
When the odds are sayin' you'll never win, that's when the grin should start!
You've gotta have hope! Musn't sit around and mope.
Nuthin' half as bad as it may appear, wait'll next year and hope.
When your luck is battin' zero, get your chin up off the floor.
Mister, you can be a hero. You can open any door.
There's nothin' to it, but to do it.
You've gotta have heart! Miles and miles and miles of heart!
Oh, it's fine to be a genius of course! But keep that ol' horse before the cart!
First you've got to have heart!"

Updates on others..Bo did a great job with his chemo on Friday. No crying and "only 10 more treatments!" - his words. My friend Jay has some tough treatments ahead of him, but his spirits are good. Keep them in your thoughts and "conversations."

1 comment:

Stevo said...

FIRST! "...Yankees" is such a good show. I think I've seen Skippy and Scooter in it at the Mill, if memory serves me right. Speaking of the boys of the chorus, I'm guessing a certain HEELS fan is hoarse from hollering happiness right now. Wish youse guys could come up to Motown for the final four.