Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Maybe It's The Pills...

I was prescribed blood pressure medication by my family doctor when I was admitted to the hospital. Since then, I make a concerted effort not to let things get to me as I did in the past. I even try to be more courteous and appreciative to help desk people at utility companies. They seem to appreciate it. Maybe it's the pills, maybe some of it is the "new view of life" that comes with a cancer diagnosis. I hope it's more of the latter than the former.

"Your conscience awakes
And you see your mistakes
And you wish someone
Would buy your confessions.
The days miss their mark
And the night gets so dark
And some kind of message
Comes through to you
Some kind of message
Shoots through --
Love when you can
Cry when you have to...
Be who you must
That’s a part of the plan
Await your arrival
With simple survival
And one day we’ll all understand..." - Dan Fogleberg


Paddy was rather sad after viewing the body of a dead atheist.
"There he was. All dressed up and no place to go."

5 comments:

skippy said...

First! I always seemed to be dressed up and have way too many places to go.

Anonymous said...

My career will soon be dedicated to making active ingredients for high blood pressure medicine.

- Judith

skippy said...

At least you won't be making the inert ingredients!!!

Anonymous said...

True, because the active ingredients have a much higher margin, and they are the improving and saving lives part.

-Judith

Greg said...

Tis precious when UNC people try to outwit each other.