Saturday, March 28, 2009

What You've Said...

I was talking to one of the chemo nurses the other day and she said I was regarded as a flirt at my chemo treatment center. I told her I hoped I wasn't considered a creepy flirt. She said, “Oh no, you are very discreet and very fun. We adore you over here.” She continued with, “And you know what that gets you....anything you need from us.”

Below, are some things friends have sent in e-mails. They are but a few samples of a whole host of others that I have treasured. It's good medicine. Thank you for two reasons: 1) It does the job it is supposed to and is very appreciated 2)There is no co-pay.

"Keep the blog (and the jokes) going. It's become one of the first things I check each day. You are so blessed by so many compassionate, funny, sports-crazy, supportive friends and you are so wise to lean on them. Thank you for sharing your journey."

"Whatever is around the next corner you'll handle it with peace and grace, and your typical flair for living. You've gotten this far, you'll make it the rest of the way. Look at all the women you have pulling for you!"

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Sounds like you have a bit of a thunderstorm in your forecast, but not to worry, you've become a very good dancer.
And, the sun WILL come out!"

"Anyway, I've been saying lots of prayers for you!"

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Remember, "Don't be mean. Never be mean. Because, no matter where you go, there you are."