Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Grammar Is Not My Dad's Mother


Sometimes, when I do a blog post or send an e-mail with details about what is going on with me, in my rush I leave tracks of bad grammar behind. My favorite English teacher ever, Dr. Ruth Riley (first semester English in college), would not approve. As a result, some information that I post can seem a bit confusing. For that I sincerely (really, honest) apologize.

As a sign of my commitment to communication quality, feel free to post any questions you may have and I will respond (really, honest).

"Lizzie, when you were a little girl, if I ever thought you were lyin to me, I'd look at you and say, 'Honest in truth?' Then you'd never lie. So, I'm asking you now Lizzie. Honest in truth?" - HC to Lizzie in "The Rainmaker," by N. Richard Nash

One question I did ask the doctor yesterday was, "Will I get a hot girlfriend out of this like Lance Armstrong did with Cheryl Crow (What was he thinking when he let her get away?)?" The doctor responded that she couldn't help with that. I asked her to get a second opinion.

Honest in truth

3 comments:

erinnicole said...

hah! i love the random banana slug shout-out. you <3 those banana slugs :)

Anonymous said...

I think Lance got his first wife out of the deal, then he dumped Sheryl when she had cancer. Don't be like Lance, find the right gal at the right time and stick with her.

-Judith

Pat said...

Mrs. Dennis wouldn't approve either. Although I think see was a little more attached to spelling than grammer. That's whose face I see everytime I text. She would have heart failure if she saw the spelling in some of our text messages. Poor Mrs. Dennis.