Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not A Turkey Baster

When I had my first biopsy back in November, my concern was that the instrument they would use would be the size of a turkey baster. I wasn't crazy about that. To my surprise, it was a collection (they took several samples) of small needles. Whew!

They numb the area where the needles are inserted. Once the sedative has kicked in, they start extracting potential cancer cells. The collection process takes less than 10 minutes and there is no pain.

My biopsy is scheduled today for 1 PM. I have to be at the hospital at 11:30 to check in, get blood work, etc. Taking a book with me for the "waiting" time. I hope I get the same people I had last time as they were awesome!

The other good news is that last time I couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight the night before. This time, I was allowed to eat a small breakfast, but I'm not allowed to have anything after 7AM. I can deal with that. There is a Subway shop in the hospital. I see myself visiting it after the biopsy.

The results of the biopsy will be reviewed by my doctor and I suspect I should know something by Friday.

It's all good!

Sergeant Hulka: Men, welcome to the United States Army. I'm Sergeant Hulka. I'm your drill sergeant. Before we proceed any further, we gotta get something straight. Your mamas are not here to take care of you now. It's just you, me, and Uncle Sam. And before I leave you, you're gonna find out that me and Uncle Sam are one in the same.
John Winger: Uncle Hulka?
- "Stripes"

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Lighten up, Francis.

Stripes is one of the best comedies of all time, if not among the best movies of all time.