Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I Did On A Snow Day



Started shoveling snow out of the driveway and stuck with it. Several branches from a tall pine had fallen in the driveway and were blocking it. Figured it was a good time to work on the aerobic exercise I had been wanting to do and also put some of the muscle that had returned, to work. Since it was the last day of steroids for this chemo treatment, took advantage of that too! Took my time. Took breaks. Talked to neighbors. Finished the job. Took naps in the afternoon.

Will I pay the price for it later?. As I told my neighbor when he said he was worried about icy conditions, etc. on Tuesday morning, "I'll worry about that when I have to and if I have to."

Listening to some good music from the 1980's now (THERE WAS GOOD MUSIC THEN! Joe Jackson's, "Night and Day" album and Double's "Blue" album are good albums.)

“May you never forget what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten”

3 comments:

JPNtheHUN said...

You are WAY more ambitious than the rest of us slugs! I had a fire and read. And I like my naps whenever I can get them--poison or not. So now I have two days of work this week and way more work than I can get done, and lots of errands for the road trip to NC (but car was at the shop yesterday so I have a slight excuse). Want to make a prediction on the Women's ACC tourney?

skippy said...

Joe Jackson at Reynolds Coliseum back in '83 was just a flat out awesome show.

erinnicole said...

isn't playing in the snow great??? and you were so productive.

i took my roommate's pug for a walk. there was a nice heavy snowfall, with plenty already on the ground...he raced around and around! then he'd find big piles of snow and dance in circles in them. when we came back in his little mug was white with snow and he had a big goofy grin on his face :D