Monday, March 30, 2009

One Thing Ben Franklin Was Wrong About

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Ben Franklin

National Bohemian - not a good beer. When it is consumed, it kills things. Therefore, I decree that my remaining treatment shall henceforth be referred to as the "Natty Bo Six Pack" treatment.

Pending one more report from the pathology lab, it is likely that I am going to be going with the more agressive treatment and now that I have wrapped my head around it, I'm not as freaked out as I was. The potential for side effects are there (as it has always been). I am taking it as a personal challenge to skew the statistics and be one of those patients that continue to make the caregivers head shake in approval.

The first round of the "NBSP" treatment would start next Wednesday. The first portion would be a same day treatment and then the next portion would involve going back to the hospital the following day for the remaining chemo drugs and being admitted to the hospital for 24-36 hours. The process would repeat 3 weeks later.

After the 2nd round, there would be a PET scan and then review to determine if I would begin the next chemo/stem cell collection procedure that would involve a 3 week hospital stay or do one more "NBSP" treatment.

That's the immediate details. You know me.....necessary details come as they are warranted. Until then, no need for speculation or concern.

No comments: