Saturday, March 14, 2009

Give 'Em Goofy Hats


I sent "Bo the Superhero" a goofy hat that looks like a bear head. His wore it to his chemo treatment yesterday. His mother said, "The bear hat was a huge hit at the clinic. All of the nurses and doctors just loved it. Bo took it off to show off his new haircut but the hat really stole the show."

After my diagnosis, I realized there are a lot of resources out there for women with cancer, i.e. wigs, scarves, etc. There's not much for us guys. That's why I went the hat route with myself. I am now known as "the guy with the hats" where I go to get treated. It seems to perk people up. That's why I sent Bo some goofy hats. Keep it in mind, should you ever wonder what to do for a guy that has been diagnosed with cancer and is going to start losing his hair. Fun stuff!

"And the winning ticket is number 11," Father Ted called at the charity raffle. Everybody looked around to see who had won the prize but no one had their hand up.

"Didn't you have ticket number 11 Father Dougal?" Father Ted urged.

"So I do Father," said Father Dougal. "I'm sorry, I was looking at it upside down!"

No comments: