Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tis a Good Thing...


...that there are no doctor/hospital visits today. The color of my blood may scare them today as I am sure it flows green on St. Patty's Day!

CT Scan went well (didn't see any pictures from it). I learned that they are not allowed to use the topical numbing spray that the chemo folks use because it is flammable. Hmmm.

Took a St. Patty's bag of fun to the chemo folks yesterday. They were amused and I would pay good money to spend the day in there today to see the look on patient's faces as they come in the room. I made the nurses promise to take pictures.

Rest assured, I won't be adding any "Irish Chemistry" to my blood today. Following doctor's orders.

At the end of his sermon Father O'Brian turned to his listeners and said:"Now, let me ask you. Which of you thinks truly he is bound for Paradise? Would you please stand?"

He was pleased to note that nearly all of his parishioners stood up.

"That's good," he exclaimed. "But now, let me ask you. Which of you thinks he is bound for Hell? Would you stand?"

After a few seconds, Jock Burke slowly got to his feet, and remained standing as the priest eyed him with sadness.

Afterwards, as the worshippers filed out, Father O'Brian pulled Jock aside and asked him,"Now, Jock, what is it that makes you fear you're bound for Hell?"

To which he responded, "O, Father, I have no fear for my own outcome, but I did feel sorry for you standing up there all by yourself."


“May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go, and guide you in whatever you do and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.”

Go gcuire Dia an t-ádh ort!

1 comment:

skippy said...

First! Happy St. Patrick's Day. Where'd all the snakes go?