Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"The Waiting....


...Is The Hardest Part." - Tom Petty

Was pondering the wait between now and "the results" appt. on March 20 (may be part of the reason I'm awake right now). The conclusion I came to is that it's OK to have some focus on that event, but if it becomes a major part of my daily focus, then I'm wasting my days on something useless. I will tell you a large part of the challenge of having cancer is the uncertainty. However, uncertainty also gives you permission to "live" every day.

“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” - G. M. Trevelyan

Image credit: Alfred E. Neuman by Norman Mingo

2 comments:

RERC said...

Interesting you mention that all the uncertainty results in living in the moment.

My sister, who already has been severely affected by the economic climate, said the same thing to me on Saturday. She's waiting to see which bad financial things will occur to her next, and said that with all the uncertainty, the one thing she can do is live in the present.

skippy said...

And really, that's all we are ever actually GOOD at, is living in the present. Trying to do anything else just distracts us from how we ought to be living.