Sunday, March 1, 2009

Steering The Ship

I've just started reading John Meacham's, "American Gospel:God, The Founding Fathers and the Making of a Nation." I am only a few pages into the book, but my initial impression is that I am in for a good read. Another impression is how the Founding Fathers desired to make this a nation for all people to feel welcome and succeed.

That's is why I am annoyed at the current economic situation that exists in America and the rest of the world. I read an opinion column in today's Washington Post and it pretty much sums it all up. The link to the column is (you are going to need to copy and paste the link into your browser window as the hyperlink was not cooperating with me): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/27/AR2009022703590.html

There are STILL people making money out of greed and nothing more.

The caregivers for Bo Baker, my theater friend Jay, for me and countless others are making money (and it is well deserved) because of our misfortune (but NOT because they created it), but tell me, which of the two experts (term loosely applied to the financial "experts")would you want to have steering your ship in tough times?

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! Oh Captain, my Captain!

skippy said...

Oh, and I heard good things about American Gospel. I'll trade Team of Rivals for it when I get done, if you want.